Team Kennet is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members.
The club believes it is important that all members, coaches, helpers, administrators and parents associated with the club are encouraged to be open at all times, to show respect and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Welfare Officer or the Chairman.
As a member of Team Kennet you are expected to abide by the following club rules:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect opponents.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions, or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable sports clothing and footwear for training, which includes a Club vest for all competitions.
- All Junior club members are expected to compete for the Club at a minimum of three meetings every year (U9’s are exempt)
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Members are not allowed to smoke or use abusive language on club premises, or whilst representing the Club at competitions.
- Members are not allowed to consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Members wishing to leave the Club, for any reason, must resign, in writing, to the membership secretary (a fee may be payable, in certain circumstances, for U15’s and above)
Also be aware of the club policies
UK Athletics Anti-Doping rules
For athletes competing in this league under UKA Rules:
All entrants shall be deemed to have made himself/herself/themselves familiar with, and agree to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules.
The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics for 12 months from the date of entry, whether or not the entrant is a citizen of, or resident in the UK.
The England Athletics registration portal will be updated to reflect the UK Athletics Anti-Doping rules. Further details on what that will look like will be disseminated to clubs in due course. The Rules can be found here: http://www.uka.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/210507-UKA-AD-Rules-3-combined-final.pdf